Family House is within close proximity to the major Pittsburgh healthcare facilities and hospitals – including Allegheny Health Network, UPMC, and the VA hospital systems, with grocery stores and restaurants nearby. Guests can find the comforts of home, including:
- Comfortable guest lounges on each floor
- Large communal kitchen with cookware and pantry
- Large dining area
- Individual pantry and refrigerator cubbies for long-term guests to store groceries
- Cable television
- Wireless internet access and guest computers
- Hair dryers
- Bed and bath linens
- On-site laundry facilities Available October 2022
- Game and library areas
- 24-hour security
- Manager on premise at all times
- Transportation to and from hospital systems, including a courtesy shuttle that operates regularly throughout the morning and early evening. UBER transportation is also provided to guests.
- Volunteer Groups regularly cook and serve communal meals to Family House guests.
- Programming for seasonal holidays, movie nights, pancake breakfasts, spaghetti dinners and similar events are regular features at Family House.
- Cultural tickets to area cultural and sporting events are often donated and distributed to guests.
Note: Family House does not provide medical services, although visiting nurses may come to Family House by appointment. Each patient must have an adult caregiver.