Every gift makes an impact! Family House is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, (EIN# 25-1519959). Its mission is sustained by the generosity of donors.
- Donate Online. Family House accepts donations online using major credit cards. You can even honor or memorialize someone special, and a notification of your generosity will be mailed to the provided mailing address. Donate Today
- Donate by Mail. If you prefer to donate by mail, please send a money order or check payable to Family House to:
5308 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Other Ways to Support Family House:
- Host a Collection Drive. Check out our Amazon Wish List to see the items we need the most.
- Amazon Smile. A portion of your purchases made through Amazon Smile will be donated back to Family House.
- Make a lasting legacy at Family House. Learn about legacy giving.
- Employer Matching. Your employer may match your gift up to 100%! Search your company’s name to see if they participate.
- Workplace Giving. Many workplaces streamline charitable giving for employees to have pre-taxable income deducted from paychecks donated to a designated charity. Contact your employer to learn how you might support Family House this way. For giving through the United Way of Southwestern PA, use agency code #859.
- Stock Donations. Gifts of stock are tax deductible and allow you to avoid capital gains taxes all while sustaining Family House’s mission. Gifts of stocks can easily be made by asking your broker to transfer stock to Family House.
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD). QCD gifting allows you, starting at age 70½, to instruct your IRA administrator to make distributions to a 501(c)(3) charity. Because the IRA income goes directly to charity, you do not report the QCD as taxable income and do not owe any taxes on the QCD. Effectively, this is a 100% charitable deduction. And when you are 72 or older, your QCD counts toward your Required Minimum Distribution. And it makes a meaningful contribution to our mission! Truly a win-win!